- The Huntington’s Disease Association intends the information published on the Huntington's Disease Association website to provide a news and reference source for the UK.
- While we aim to ensure that information is accurate and correct at all times, any individual or organisation making use of information from this site does so at their own risk and the Huntington's Disease Association takes no responsibility for any actions arising from this.
- Any disputes will be resolved in the English courts under English law.
- All rights reserved.
- Unless stated otherwise, no part of the Huntington's Disease Association website may be reproduced or used in any form or by any means either wholly or in part, without prior permission of the Huntington's Disease Association.
- For detailed information and international enquiries, please call 0151 331 5444.
Message board terms and conditions
Please take a moment to review the Terms and Conditions detailed below. Remember, you cannot use the Huntington's Disease Association Message Board unless you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Once you start using the Huntington's Disease Association Message Board you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Huntington’s Disease Association reserves the right to prohibit you from using this site if it believes you have infringed these rules.
- Children under the age of 16 are prohibited from creating an account and becoming a member of the Huntington's Disease Association Message Board. In registering as a member you are acknowledging that you are aged 16 or above.
- By registering you agree not to participate in mischievous or malicious behaviour which causes damage or may cause damage to the Huntington's Disease Association or to any other individual or organisation.
- Messages must not be obscene, vulgar, defamatory or libellous, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening or otherwise violate any laws or good morals and practice.
- Messages containing contact details, phone numbers, fax numbers or postal addresses are not allowed except with the prior written permission of the Huntington's Disease Association.
- Messages must not contain advertisements or references to products or services.
- We reserve the right to moderate messages that contain advice about intervention / lifestyle changes / treatment, or provide links to articles or research, that could be considered potentially harmful and do not reflect the advice given to the Huntington's disease community in the UK by relevant professionals.
- Messages which appear to impersonate someone else are not permitted.
- Repeated posting of the same or similar messages (referred to as spam) will not be permitted.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
- Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the Huntington's Disease Association immediately by e-mail.
- By registering you acknowledge that the Huntington's Disease Association is not under any obligation to monitor or review the discussion board and you agree that you are entirely responsible for all content that you make available on the board.
- The Huntington's Disease Association reserves the right from time to time to edit or remove posts that are contrary to the Terms and Conditions or not constructive to the overall purpose and mission of the Huntington's Disease Association without prior contact with the author. Offenders may be banned from participating in the Huntington's Disease Association Message Board without prior notice.
- Posts to the message board must be in English
Privacy and data protection
- Please read the privacy notice to understand how we use your data.
- This agreement shall be governed in accordance with English law.
- Please check the rules from time to time. The Huntington's Disease Association reserves the right to modify these without notice, and your use of the Huntington's Disease Association Message Board signifies your personal agreement.
- This is a public forum and we encourage users to be welcoming and supportive - but remember your posts can be seen by thousands of people every day.
Usernames and content
- When choosing your username you should ensure that this does not contain any personal information about you that may enable you or your family to be identified such as a photograph, your name or other personal information. We recommend that you therefore choose a user name that is more random and less personal.
- Your privacy and personal safety is of the upmost importance to the Huntington's Disease Association. The Huntington's Disease Association Message Board is open to anyone and therefore you should not post personal information including name, address, email address and contact telephone number on the message board. Please at all times keep your personal safety in mind.
- Any individual or organisation making use of information from this site does so at their own risk and the Huntington's Disease Association takes no responsibility for any actions arising from this.
- All views and information on the discussion board are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views, policy or advice of the Huntington's Disease Association. The content is the sole responsibility of the author.