****** Please note new applications to the scheme are paused due to COVID-19 restrictions. Enquiries to learn more about taking part in the scheme can still be made here. ******
The process starts when the care home confirms their interest and intention to formally apply for care home accreditation.
The accreditation process can be broken down into five key stages, summarised below:
STAGE 1 – Enquiry and pre-application
- Enquiry about accreditation received and an introductory pack sent including the scheme flyer costings along with the Terms and conditions of accreditation.
- Invoice for payment sent to the care home once formal intention to apply for accreditation has been confirmed. Please note, homes must have a minimum CQC/CIW rating of 'Good' before applying for accreditation.
STAGE 2 – Self-assessment
- Signed copy of terms and conditions returned and accreditation paperwork sent including self-assessment portfolio, guidance on completion of portfolio and family/stakeholder questionnaires.
- Completed self-assessment portfolio to be returned to the Huntington's Disease Association within six months of receipt of all paperwork.
- Display a notice of intention in the care home.
STAGE 3 – Assessment and observation
- The Huntington's Disease Association will review the self-assessment portfolio and undertake an assessment and observation visit.
- Report prepared and presented to accreditation panel.
STAGE 4 – Accreditation decisions
- Accreditation panel decides whether to award HDA Quality Assured accreditation.
- Care home informed of accreditation decision, and where accreditation is awarded, certificates, logo and brand guidance will be forwarded.
- Accredited care homes added to the HDA directory of accredited care homes.
STAGE 5 – Re-applying for accreditation
- Eight months before end of the two year accreditation period, care home contacted to ascertain interest in continuing with accreditation unless they have notified the charity of changes that would have triggered review of their accreditation.
- Care home agrees further terms and conditions, completes new self-assessment portfolio and observation visit made.