Competition Details for 2017 Submission
The Executive Council of the HDA is pleased to announce the availability in 2017 of a research grant or grants to a total value of £120,000 (£40,000 pa for three years) and invites submissions according to the following criteria:
- The HDA research grant will be awarded to a project, or projects, investigating basic scientific, clinical or social aspects of Huntington’s disease. The scope for HDA funding has been deliberately kept wide in order to encourage applicants to submit any project they feel might be appropriate.
- The lead researcher must be based in an academic clinical establishment located in either England or Wales and intend to remain there during the projected time-course of the study. Other members of the research team may be based elsewhere, as in multi-centre and/or multinational studies.
- The research proposal must be submitted in the format of the HDA research competition application, available from this page - on completion the application must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for all submissions is midnight on 21st April 2017.
- The competition submissions will be peer-reviewed by members of the Medical Advisory Panel (MAP), which includes experts in basic scientific, clinical and social aspects of HD.
- The MAP will review impartially all submissions and then report their conclusions to the Executive Council of the HDA who will select the successful applicant(s). The decision of the Executive Council will be final.
- The winner of the competition, as well as unsuccessful applicants, will be notified on or shortly after 30th July 2017.
- The successful applicant will then invoice the HDA with details of an appropriate bank account into which the grant can be transferred, for example a dedicated project account or large institution, such as an NHS Trust. Quarterly invoices should be sent to the Association for payment, into the nominated approved account
- The successful research group will provide a summary of the project suitable for a lay audience at the outset and at 6 monthly intervals for the duration of the project. These reports may be published in the HDA newsletter and elsewhere at the discretion of the HDA.
- Full details of expenditure in relation to HDA funding must be submitted at annual intervals. Liz Howard Chair of the HDA MAP
Chair of the HDA MAP