Liverpool Science Park,
Innovation Centre 1,
131 Mount Pleasant,
Tuesday 21st May 2019
Thursday 23rd May 2019
The Huntington’s Disease Association wishes to invite you to attend Understanding Huntington's disease - a certificated course for professionals.
This is a unique opportunity to meet with fellow professionals working with people affected by Huntington’s, to develop a deeper understanding of the illness, to share ideas and discuss the management of complex situations.
On completion of the course, you will receive a certificate stating that you have undertaken training approved by the Huntington's Disease Association to enhance your practice.
• Demonstrate that you have a broad understanding of the effects of Huntington’s disease on the individual and family.
• Outline the key issues that the course explores.
• Explain why working with families affected by Huntington’s demonstrates many complex issues.
• Show how it is possible to draw on the knowledge and understanding of others to promote your own learning and practice.
• Develop skills in critical reflection and self analysis.
• Develop long lasting relationships with others working in the field of Huntington’s.
Leading Huntington’s disease professionals will be covering the following topics: genetics, neuro-psychology, psychiatry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and palliative care.
To attend this unique event please complete and return the booking form along with your payment.
If you require invoicing, please ensure that you include the name and address of where to send the invoice.
The course will commence with registration at 13.30 on Tuesday 21 May 2019 and finish approximately at 15.00 on Thursday 23 May 2019.
It is anticipated that this course will be over subscribed so places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Cost - £270 early bird rate and £290 afterwards, which includes refreshments and lunch for all participants on days two and three.
Please note that accommodation is not provided or included in the cost of this course.
Please book early to avoid disappointment.