173-177 Euston Road
Tuesday 20th November 2018
Wednesday 21st November 2018
The Huntington’s Disease Association wishes to invite you to attend our certificated course in Huntington’s disease.
This is a unique opportunity to meet with fellow professionals working with people affected by Huntington’s, to develop a deeper understanding of the illness, to share ideas and discuss the management of complex situations.
On completion of the course, you will receive a certificate stating that you have undertaken training approved by the Huntington's Disease Association to enhance your practice.
• Demonstrate that you have a broad understanding of the effects of Huntington’s disease on the individual and family.
• Outline the key issues that the course explores.
• Explain why working with families affected by Huntington’s demonstrates many complex issues.
• Show how it is possible to draw on the knowledge and understanding of others to promote your own learning and practice.
• Develop skills in critical reflection and self analysis.
• Develop long lasting relationships with others working in the field of Huntington’s.
Leading Huntington’s disease professionals will be covering the following topics: genetics, neuro-psychology, psychiatry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and palliative care.
To attend this unique event please complete and return the booking form along with your payment.
If you require invoicing, please ensure that you include the name and address of where to send the invoice.
The course will commence with registration at 9.30am on Tuesday 20 November 2018 and finish approximately at 16.30 on Wednesday 21 November 2018.
The cost of the course includes refreshments and lunch for all participants on both days.
It is anticipated that this course will be over subscribed so places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
You will receive confirmation of place and directions to the venue at least two weeks before the event.
Cost - £260 per person
Please note that accommodation is not provided or included in the cost of this course.
Closing date for applications is 10 October 2018
Please book early to avoid disappointment.