“In the face of coronavirus, charities are #NeverMoreNeeded - for the essential support they provide in crisis and beyond, and how they shape our society for the better” – The Neurological Alliance
Across the country, organisations are asking everyone to understand the importance of having a thriving and sustainable charity/voluntary sector whilst calling on the government to supply financial support in the wake of COVID-19. Charities and voluntary organisations are #NeverMoreNeeded.
Why #NeverMoreNeeded is important
Across the country charities and voluntary organisations are helping tackle COVID-19, they have been…
- Providing food, medicines and essential support to isolated and vulnerable people
- Supporting children and adults with disabilities, long-term conditions and serious illnesses, along with their families
- Working to look after people affected by difficult issues such as mental ill-health, homelessness, debt, drug and alcohol misuse, domestic abuse and exploitation
- Keeping people safe and making sure no-one is forgotten
At the same time, due to the massive impact of the coronavirus outbreak, charities and voluntary organisations have been hit by…
- Sudden increase in demand for what they do, as part of the response to coronavirus.
- Loss of fundraising income as events and activities have been cancelled – from coffee mornings to the London Marathon, and everything in between.
- Loss of income from charity shops, hiring our premises and providing services due to social distancing.
- Regular donors cancelling their giving because they have had their own income cut, through furlough or redundancy.
People across the country are relying on charities for the essential support they provide and how they shape our society for the better.
How can you show support?
You can get involved and join us in supporting the #NeverMoreNeeded campaign by…
- Adding the #NeverMoreNeeded logo to your social media profile pages – download images here.
- Following the campaign on social media - @NeverMoreNeeded. Like, retweet and reply using #NeverMoreNeeded.
- Tell your family and friends about the campaign.
- Write to your local MP about the campaign using the template letter found here.
- Share your story – how has the Huntington’s Disease Association helped you? What’s the difference this has made to you? Make sure to tag us and use #NeverMoreNeeded.
If you are affected by Huntington’s disease and need support or advice, please contact us on 0151 331 5444 or email [email protected].
COVID-19 has had a dramatic effect on our way of life. This is significantly impacting our fundraising efforts, threatening our ability to help and care for those affected by Huntington’s disease. If you would like to donate to help us support those affected by Huntington's during this time, please click here. #HDAppealCV19