Help raise awareness of Huntington's online
People living with Huntington's in the family are best placed to tell people about the disease and its effects. Help us spread the word among your networks - here are some suggestions about how you could raise awareness online.
Pledge your profile picture
- Show your support for #HDawarenessmonth by uploading an awareness ribbon to your social media profile picture.
- Log on to www.twibbon.com/support/hdawarenessmonth2019 and follow the instructions on the webpage.
- Make sure you share the campaign with your friends and family.
- Write about your experiences, take a photo or record a video and upload it on Facebook (@hdauk), Instagram (@hdauk) or Twitter (@hda_tweeting) using the hashtags #HDawarenessmonth, #LetsTalkHuntingtons and mention the Huntington's Disease Association.
- You could write or speak about your life with Huntington's, learning about the disease in your family, your experiences of the support or care you've received, or any other aspects of living with Huntington's that are important to you.
Shine a light on carers
- Between the 13 - 19 May 2019 we will be raising awareness around carers and we would love you to get involved.
- If you want to honour a Huntington's disease carer in your life, may it be a family carer or a professional, or tell your own carers story, you can share it online to raise awareness for Huntington's disease.
- Using the hashtags #HDawarenessmonth and #LetsTalkHuntingtons, post your carer on Facebook (@hdauk), Instagram (@hdauk) or Twitter (@hda_tweeting) and mention the Huntington's Disease Association to show your support.